Do you have trouble accessing files when you’re out of the office? Maybe you want to share files with a colleague or friend.
The Dropbox system is a quick and easy way of storing files on the internet. No need to remember a pen drive.
Dropbox is an easy way to store, sync, and share files in the cloud. It is not complicated, works with any operating system and can automatically synchronise your files.
Dropbox allows you to sync your files online and across your computers automatically.
- Dropbox allows you to sync your files online and across your computers automatically.
- Work on files in your Dropbox, even if you’re offline. Your changes sync once your computer has an Internet connection again.
- Dropbox transfers correctly resume where they left off if your connection drops.
- Efficient sync: only the pieces of a file that changed (not the whole file) sync, saving time.
- Doesn’t hog your internet. You can manually set bandwidth limits.
It is easy to share files with others, and the benefits are:
- You see other people’s changes to a shared folder instantly.
- A public folder that lets you link directly to files in your Dropbox.
- You can access shared folders, kick people out and remove the shared folders from their computers.
- You can create shareable online photo galleries out of regular folders.
Web access and online backup
- Copies of your files are stored on Dropbox’s secure servers, allowing you to access them from any computer or mobile device.
- Manipulate files as you would on your desktop. Add, edit, delete, rename, etc.
- A Recent Events feed that shows you a summary of activity in your Dropbox.
Security and privacy
Dropbox takes the security and privacy of your files very seriously.
- Shared folders are viewable only by people you invite.
- All file data and metadata transmission occur over an encrypted channel (SSL).
- All files stored on Dropbox servers are encrypted (AES-256).
- Dropbox’s website and client software have been hardened against attacks from hackers.
- Dropbox employees are not able to view any user’s files.
- Online access to your files requires your username and password.
- Public files are only viewable by people who have a link to the file(s). Public folders are not browsable or searchable.
Mobile device access
- View files from within the application.
- Download files for offline viewing.
- Take photos and videos and sync them to your Dropbox.
- Share links to files in your Dropbox.
- Export your files to other applications.
- Sync downloaded files, so they’re up-to-date.