Data: Collectively all information that you submit to Kaydee Web Ltd via the website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the data Protection Laws;
Cookies: A small text file placed on your computer by this website when you visit certain parts of the website and/or when you use certain features of the website. Details of the cookies used by this website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws: Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR: The General data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Kaydee Web Ltd, me, I or us: Kaydee Web Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 10382600 whose registered office is at 2 Hinksey Court, Church Way, Botley, Oxford, OX2 9SX;
UK and EU Cookie Law: The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronxic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you: Any third party that accesses the website and is not either (i) employed by Kaydee Web Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Kaydee Web Ltd and accessing the website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website: The website that you are currently using, https://kaydee.net, and any sub-domains of this site including my blog on https://kaydee.net/blog. Unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
4. For purposes of the applicable data Protection Laws, Kaydee Web Ltd is the "data controller". This means that Kaydee Web Ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your data is processed.
5. I may collect the following data, which includes personal data, from you:
6. I collect data in the following ways:
7. Kaydee Web Ltd may collect your data in a number of ways, for example:
8. To the extent that you access the website, I will collect your data automatically, for example:
9. Any or all of the above data may be required by me from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using my website. Specifically, data may be used by me for the following reasons:
10. I may use your data for the above purposes if I deem it necessary to do so for legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
12. When you register with me and set up an account to receive my services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and me and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
13. I will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your data, for example:
14. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your data, please let me know immediately by contacting me via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
15. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
17. Even if Idelete your data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes. Your rights
18. You have the following rights in relation to your data:
19. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your data (where consent is my legal basis for processing your data), please contact me via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
20. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at ico.org.uk.
21. It is important that the data Ihold about you is accurate and current. Please keep me informed if your data changes during the period for which I hold it.
22. Data which I collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if my servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of my service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA. I also share information with my group companies, some of which are located outside the EEA.
23. I will only transfer data outside the EEA where it is compliant with data protection legislation and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards in relation to your data, eg by way of data transfer agreement, incorporating the current standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission, or by signing up to the EU-me Privacy Shield Framework, in the event that the organisation in receipt of the data is based in the United States of America.
24. To ensure that your data receives an adequate level of protection, I have put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures with the third parties I share your data with. This ensures your data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with the data Protection Laws.
27. I may also disclose data to a prospective purchaser of my business or any part of it.
28. In the above instances, I will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected. Cookies
30. All Cookies used by this website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
31. Before the website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Kaydee Web Ltd to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the website may not function fully or as intended.
32. This website may place the following Cookies:
They allow me to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around my website when they are using it. This helps me to improve the way my website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognise you when you return to my website. This enables me to personalise my content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
33. You can find a list of Cookies that Iuse in the Cookies Schedule.
34. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
35. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
36. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
37. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
40. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
41. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Kaydee Web Ltd by email at email@example.com.
Below is a list of the cookies that I use. I have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that I have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let me know.
I use analytical/performance cookies to help me analyse how users use the website.
I use functionality cookies to collect locations, dates and times.